Place Category: Europe/Middle East/Africa
The EQUIS-accredited Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences (WiSo Faculty) offers a vast variety of specialisations and subject areas, and is unique in its interdisciplinary approach, uniting Management, Economics, Sociology and Political Sciences under the roof of one Faculty. The endeavour to blend research and teaching, theory and practice and the economic and social sciences, aims at satisfying the mission: ‘Innovation for Society‘.
International students can choose from a wide range of courses specifically designed for them. Likewise, the WiSo Faculty enables and encourages its own students to gain international experience as a vital component of their studies. In addition to student exchanges, shorter-term international programmes and summer schools offer insights into other cultures and teaching methods.
To further their international experience, students can opt for one of the WiSo Faculty’s Double Master’s Programmes jointly offered with partner universities in various study fields, or the international master’s degree in International Management (CEMS MIM).
- Founded in 1901 as School of Commerce
- Approx. 8,000 students – largest Faculty of its kind in Germany
- More than 200 corporate partners
- Focus on internationalisation: over 450 guest students per year
- 140 partner universities
- High success of graduates among HR managers of Germany’s major companies (Ranking Wirtschaftswoche 2016): Top 4 for Management, top 3 for Economics